Knicks v. Bulls
Ok, so it’s been a couple of weeks and I think I’m finally ready to let this go.
– By the third quarter I was literally asking myself if they had been to a defensive camp. Usually when I’m catching up with the Knicks on League Pass, my reaction is a little different by the 3rd.
I was pleasantly surprised. They managed to almost COMPLETELY stop the Bulls from scoring in the 4th. They have already proven that they can put the points on the board, so I think it’s key that they stepped it up defensively today.
– Amar’e is definitely an All Star but let’s not overlook the play of Landry Fields and Wilson Chandler. Without the clutch play from Wilson (even though he didn’t have the greatest of games against the Bulls) and Landry’s outstanding court awareness, the Knicks wouldn’t be a good team.
– BTW, Gallo shouldn’t be any where near that All Star Ballot if Wilson isn’t on it.
– Sometimes D. Rose reminds me of that dude in the park who’s super fast- too fast- and he can’t slow down so he’s almost out of control. No doubting his abilities, I just think he can be much better once he plays the game on more than just one speed.
– I think the Bulls look good with a healthy Boozer but they need the scrappy hustle play from Joakim. When he comes back, they’re going to be one of the top 4 teams in the East. They can use his energy.
Magic v. Celtics
– Orlando is DEEP. Those trades (great game from Bass) helped them tremendously. Once they really start gelling and playing well together, they could be the top one or two teams in the East.
– It’s refreshing to see that Dwight doesn’t need to have a monster game for them to get the W. However, they need to find him a backup asap. They’re in trouble if they don’t.
– Speaking of Dwight…did you see him dress up as one of the Jacksons? Didn’t that make you think of this?
– Wasn’t a great game for Boston but who really cares? They know how to pull it together when it counts. No worries.
Heat v. Lakers
– Outstanding game from the Big Three but if I were them I wouldn’t use this game as a litmus test of where they are. Kobe didn’t have a good game…Pau…Fish…Ron…Lamar- no one really. Maybe they were up late caroling. Point is, they lost by 8 baskets but played TERRIBLY. Everyone has off nights, but the Lakers know how to win when it counts. Like in the post season.
– Quite frankly, everyone sees the difference in Lebron’s game in the playoffs…
– Kobe said it best. This game meant more to the Heat then it did to them. They didn’t come to play, didn’t take it seriously- no one even scored 20. All that said, they’re still the team to beat. Miami has something to prove, not the Lakers. However, if they can’t do it in the off season, doesn’t matter.
Thunder v. Nuggets
– Durant = Beast. Westbrook = Monster. I can’t wait until they really make a playoff run. They’re exciting to watch and will be tough to beat once they step it up in the post season.
– Did y’all see that Nene dunk on Jeff Green?
– Watching Melo go shot for shot with KD would have been a goody. My condolences to Melo and his family.
Warriors v. Trailblazers
– Monta is dumb nice. No- like really, really nice. His hang time is crazy too. Love watching him play.
– Poor Steph. I know he must have been frustrated because he couldn’t buy a basket. He’ll get back into the swing of things and be fine. Him and Monta in the back court is a problem.
– Matthews is good. Who is he and where has he been? I like his game.
– They let that game slip away in the 4th without their closer. I doubt they’ll be a contender this year in the post season without a healthy Brandon Roy.
Ok folks, that’s just my two cents. If you don’t like something I said about your fav team/player…