Thanks to my homegirl Chrissy and Courtside Convo, I’M BAAAAAAAACK! Ever since the blog I used to write for decided to shut down, I’ve been looking for a place to vent basketball! I think I may have found a home! Ok, enough about me; lets talk basketball!
– Boston looks pretty lost so far this season. I didn’t think Ray Allen’s departure is the reason they are barely .500, but I will say this; you can’t replace chemistry, trust, and clutch with Courtney Lee (just sayin)!
– I said Damian Lillard would be the rookie of the year at the beginning of this season and I still stand by it. Staying in college to develop your game is a lost art these days. A lot of these young guys aren’t ready to make the leap, but their reputations and egos are so blown up that they choose to go pro. Just because you get drafted doesn’t mean you’re ready. Ask Darius Miles.
– Bobcats started off the season pretty well and then…well… the NBA became the NBA again. Seems like the bobcats youth won a lot of games early. As the vets started to round into game shape, the Bobcats were right back to the L column. Sorry Charlotte, I love you guys and Kemba is my boy, but yall should get used to this!
– Who would’ve ever thought when the basketball world mentioned LA, they’d be talking the Clippers and not the Lakers. David Stern blocked CP3 from going to the Lakers because of the whole “superteam” concept… Guess what David Stern, your plan backfired. You still created a monster. Good job by you.
– Knicks might be the oldest team in the league, but they’re ballin! Bet you didn’t think Melo would be an MVP candidate a month away from the all-star break. Oh yea, STAT IS BACK! Don’t know what this means for NY, but it sure does sound like trouble for opposing teams! Could mean trouble for the Knicks too though. Melo and Stat haven’t been able to figure things out just yet. They also have never had leaders like Jay Kidd running alongside of them. Interesting to see how this works!
– THE NETS SUCK! STRAIGHT UP! I hope Avery Johnson was the problem, because being a native new yorker, and a friend of a few guys on the team, I want to see the Nets do well. So far though, they look like a very very very very very very poor version of the Miami Heat immediately after signing the big 3. They are top-heavy on paper, but their bench is questionable at best. The Heat were able to make it work. Dont have much faith in the Nets though considering none of their Big 3 are named Lebron, Dwyane, or Chris. Sorry Brooklyn!
– Say what you want about Russell Westbrook. He can play on my team any day of the week. Cant put a value on a guy that plays hard all the time no matter what. Yea, he doesn’t have the highest basketball IQ, but I haven’t won the mega million or gone out with Halle Berry. Translation = you can’t have it all, be happy with what ya have!
– In my opinion, Jeremy Lin is looking average at best this season. Good job NY; first smart off-season move you guys made since I was about 12 years old. Surprised you guys didn’t cave in and pay this man some ridiculous amount of money for such a small sample of work.
– Staying on the topic of the Knicks, JR SMITH is the BEST WORST SHOT MAKER OF ALL TIME! Mike Woodson should be happy he has a bald head; skin can’t turn gray from stress!
I’M OUT LIKE JEREMY LIN WAS AT THE END OF LAST SEASON!