A few things I reflected on during the first day of the year:
1. Stat is making his return tonight with Carmelo and the Knicks against Portland. I don’t imagine him getting major minutes, but it will be good to see how well he readjusts with the team.
Can Amar’e and Stat play together at the same time?
We will see.
2. I began the season as a true Royce White fan and advocate. It’s not easy to get on a soapbox in front of the world and admit you’re mentally ill. Unfortunately, after reading about all of his shenanigans for the past couple of months, I’m just about ready for him to kick rocks.
I know it may sound a bit harsh, but think about it. This is his career. How many PAID sick days can you get from your job without your boss questioning whether you can continue working there or not? Everything that he’s been saying and doing (i.e. twitter rants, throwing public tantrums in the form of a letter, refusing to comply with the Rockets’ wishes)…is insubordinate.
If he’s really THAT sick, the NBA is not for him. Peace Royce.
3. I doubt there is a player so talented, full of potential AND full of bull**** as much as Demarcus Cousins. I get it, he doesn’t want to play for Sacramento anymore. But where are the people who are supposed to be reminding him that he IS in the NBA?! Poor DC, living his dream of making millions and playing ball. Hear those violins?
4. Was Avery Johnson really the problem when the Nets are scoring 5 points total in a quarter? I think not.
5. Will Mitch ever admit he was wrong for passing on Phil? Do the Lakers have to keep Antoni now?? Am I stuck with this dude?! SMH.